Sunday, February 22, 2009

And the Oscar goes to...

I'm a big movie buff. I watch all kinds of movies, romance, drama, comedy, thriller. Neflix is the best thing since sliced bread for me. Case in point, I spent Sunday afternoon watching a strange film about an Eskimo called "The Map o f the Human Heart." I did shut it off because the directing was so horrible and I just couldn't keep watching though. I have to admit that I have daydreamed about winning an Oscar,who would be my date and what I would say.

I watched the Oscars last night with my friend Dawn. Here are my impressions.

I thought Hugh Jackman was very charming and fun as the host. I knew he was quite a singer, but man can he dance too! No wonder he was the sexiest man alive last year. I laughed a lot at the opening number, but maybe mostly because I've made sets out of PVC and cardboard.

I was a little sad that Michelle Williams was not at the awards with the Ledger family. I hope it was her choice and not because of hard feelings. And I felt bad for Michael Shannon, Josh Brolin, Robert Downey Jr, and Philip Seymour Hoffman cause they didn't stand a chance.

I was not surprised that Slumdog Millionaire won winning so many awards. It was a wonderful story with just enough sadness and edge to make it something that the academy would like. I guess I just wonder what if any impact the film will have on what people (including me) will do about India. The fact that they brought as many of the cast to the awards as they could was so very cool.


I liked how they used 5 former winners to present awards. It was wonderful to watch Cuba Gooding Jr give Robert Downey Jr a hard time and to hear Shirley McLaine give Anne Hathaway a heart felt piece of encouragement.

I think that the little boys that played in Slumdog Millionaire should have been chosen as best actor not Sean Penn.

Mickey Rourke. I'm glad that he's made a comeback, but how Hollywood of them to laud him now and kick him when he was down.

My favorite dresses: Natalie Portman, Freida Pinto, Anne Hathaway.

So that's some of what I thought...you have anything to say?

No comments:

Post a Comment