Monday, February 16, 2009

Whatcha reading?

I love to read. I usually have a couple things going at a time. Lately, I use it to distract me while I'm on the eliptical. It keeps me from thinking, "30 more minutes, 29 more minutes, 28 more minutes." So I was wondering what you're reading.

Here's what I'm reading:

Recently finished

"Outliers" by Malcolm Gladwell. His theories on why some people are successful and others are not. It's been the source of several interesting conversations.

"Testimony" by Anita Shreve. Disturbing look at a sex scandal at a private school in New Hampshire.

"Healing Stones" by Nancy Rue. This is her series that she co-wrote with Steve Arteburn where one of the main characters is a counselor. In this one he's dealing with a female college professor who gets caught in an affair.

Reading Now
"Sarah's Key" by Tatiana de Rosnay. This story is told from a modern day and a historical perspective about the French police Vel’ d’Hiv’ roundup of Jews in 1942. Told in tandem by an American reporter and a young Jewish girl.

"Wild Goose Chase" by Mark Batterson. I actually started this book before Todd made it a "must read" at church.

"The 4:8 Principle" by Tommy Newberry. About the power that Philippians 4:8 can bring into your life as you live it.

On Deck:

"Nineteen Minutes" by Jodi Piccoult
"Savannah" by John Jakes
"Fame" by Karen Kingsbury
"Sex God" Rob Bell

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Miss Chris. I just want you to know that you're in my prayers and I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like your reading is quite varied. I'm reading Overcoming Dyslexia... fun stuff! Hope you have a good evening and a good day tomorrow. Hugs and prayers from this end.

    ReplyDelete