Sunday, February 1, 2009

Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go!

So I watched the Super Bowl tonight...and the Steelers won! They certainly gave me cause to get nervous and when I get nervous, I bake! Don't ask me what I'm going to do with those cookies, but I took my first swipe at home made oatmeal chocolate chip cookies.



I'm not a huge sports watcher. I'm a sports fan, I appreciate great sport whether it's football or gymnastics or biathalon (yeah that was the sport I did a report on in 10th grade English). In fact, I usually avoid watching games because I tend to watch the games where my team gets killed (this year's Rose Bowl a prime example) But tonight it we won and I actually watched the game. It was close, but the Steelers won their 6th SuperBowl.



I grew up in Pittsburgh during the 70's. Steel Curtain, Franco's Italian Army, Rocky Bleier, Terry Bradshaw and Chuck Noll. My brothers, uncles, cousins, friends, neighbors were HUGE Steeler Fans. I think I watched my share of football as a kid.



Anyway, my biggest point in writing this is I found out that Mike Tomlin, the coach of the Steelers and protege of Tony Dungee is a Christian. And he attends the church that my college roommate's husband ist the youth pastor at! So, I'm still about as far removed from him as I was before I found that out, but I just thought it was a cool thing.



Check out this article on him:



http://www.bpnews.net/bpnews.asp?id=29752&ref=BPNews-RSSFeed0129



I'm happy for the people of Pittsburgh that the Steelers won their sixth SuperBowl. I'm even happier that a man of integrity is leading them.

No comments:

Post a Comment