Friday, January 10, 2014

He Who Sits on the Throne

Dear children, keep yourselves from idols. I John 5:21

I find it interesting that this is the last statement in this book about love. What keeps me from sharing my abundance with others? Fear of not having it when I need it (I John 4:8) and avarice, that is love for money. When does my love for my family overshadow my love for God? When family becomes the center of my world. 
It takes me back to college and the image that Campus Crusade used of a throne.
A throne in medieval times was what kingdoms fought over, it was the seat of power, the place of judgment, and the source of hope and help.  What sits on my throne?  As a Christian it's supposed to be Jesus. But more often than not though, I have to knock something off so he can take his rightful place. I hope to one day not to have to do this daily, to be that strong. But for right now, let me push off the things I let have power over me, put my hope in, and seek help from so the only One who can truly do those things may have his place.

No comments:

Post a Comment