Sunday, June 21, 2009

How to Make Writing in Your Blog

So this morning I returned a book the the library.."How to Make Money Off Your Blog." It was one of those books that I took out of the library but never read...but one things for sure, I'll bet it would say that to make money off your blog you have to write in it regularly. I can't believe it's been as long as it has since I've posted an entry.

For those you who don't know, I did finally get a job. I'm working for a small gov't contractor writing training curriculum. It works great in some ways cause I get to work from home and they pay me for all my OT. So, that's part of the reason I've been silent...working long hours at the computer doesn't exactly make you want to go back to the computer and write more.

The job isn't my dream job by any means, but the pay is good and you certainly can't beat the commute. But these past weeks have certainly reminded me how easy it can get to let your life get out of balance. The lure of overtime pay pulled me into working a lot of overtime and I guess I should be thankful that I got tired of it pretty quickly. But it does become very easy living by yourself to become a hermit. I understand how it can happen.

Today Todd started a new series, called Under the Sun about Ecclesiasties and today he talked about work. He talked about work becoming a "functional savior" in our lives. One of the things that this begins to shine a light on about me is I need something else to spend my time on. Writing here, writing songs, spending time with friends, spending time in the Word. So this is my first effort toward that, making writing in my blog

No comments:

Post a Comment